Monday, November 30, 2015

September 1st- Earth Charter & Ecological Footprint

Today we went over the document titled "The Earth Charter" and our ecological footprints. The "Earth Charter" is related to principles that we should all keep in mind about the earth, such as respect the earth and care for the community. The document was very interesting and presented information that I did not know, and had never considered. The other thing we did was review our ecological footprint. Even though I don't travel much, nor do I eat meat everyday, my ecological footprint was still 4.2 planets, which means that if everyone lived like me, we would need an additional four planets to support our lifestyle. This is ridiculous owing to the fact that we only have one planet. These two things, the reading and the activity, were eye opening and a shock. We need to change our ways if we want to survive.


No comments:

Post a Comment